You don’t have to have extra fat on your face to have a double chin. For some of us, the ever despised double chin is a facial feature that is God’s gift to us.
We hit gym to lose weight and in most cases, with dedication, we lose it too but our faces, especially thanks to the double chin, they end up betraying our entire workout.
Such is the curious case of double chins that if we restrict our diet, our facial glow and energy goes away and if we work out extensively, the face remains almost as fatty and hence the double chin keeps existing.
Surgery is indeed an almost permanent option and we know from our experience with several patients at Kosmoderma that there is hardly any downtime but, we still prefer that you should try exercising first.
These exercises may not have drastic effects but the fact that the results would be significant enough has a high probability.
- Sit with your back straightened up and tilt your head such that you face the ceiling now.
- Press your tongue against the roof of your mouth
- Maintain this position for about 10 seconds
- Now, while holding your tongue in the same position, lower your chin to touch the chest as far as possible
- Hold for 10 seconds again
- Repeat this procedure in two sets of 10 each
PS: Your stamina will build over time, do not stretch too much in the first time and end up with the neck pain.
- Sit or stand with your back straight
- Rotate your chin anti-clockwise starting from your shoulder
- Make 5 such neck rotations to begin with
- Make sure your shoulders stay stationary and down while you rotate your neck.
- Relax yourself and open your mouth as wide as you can.
- Stick your tongue out as far as you can till you feel your chin and neck tighten.
- While you hold your tongue out, count till 10 and then release
- Repeat this procedure 10 times
Take a side profile image before you start your regular exercise. Take another side profile picture after 15 days and see the difference for yourself.