How does Fractional Laser treatment work?
Fractional Lasers work by interacting with the skin to produce Microthermal zones (MTZ) of injury and heat. A very intense beam of light is passed through the skin at the dermal level. The skin becomes very hot and stimulates the cells that produce collagen & elastin. Also the laser is attracted to coloured lesions like broken blood vessels or age spots.
Who can undergo Fractional Laser skin rejuvenation?
Frasel is recommended for the following conditions
- Acne scars – face / Back / Chest / Shoulders
- Accident scar – Face / Body
- Burn Scars
- Keloid / Hypertrophic scars
- Difficult Pigmentation
- Skin tightening
- Stretch marks
Is the treatment safe?
The treatment is approved by the FDA. The light produced by the laser is in the infrared end of the light spectrum as opposed to the ultraviolet end. This type of light is non-carcinogenic (non-cancer causing). Lasers have been used in the medical profession for over 15 years and no long-term side effects have been reported.
Does the treatment hurt?
Everyone’s pain threshold is different. As treatment settings vary according to individual skin types, so do the levels of discomfort. We are the only clinic to provide the option of a 20 % topical anaesthetic hence reducing the discomfort level. This will be discussed at your initial consultation.
Most patients find the treatment easily tolerable.
Who carries out the treatment?
All of our treatments are carried out by our dermatologists who have sat an in house examination on laser sciences and have undergone the Core of Knowledge training which focuses on Health and Safety issues. The in-house training is conducted by our Medical Director who is associated with the American & European Society for Laser Medicine & Surgery.
How many treatments will i need?
During your consultation we will assess the skin condition and plan a tailor-made program that will offer you the best results to suit your needs. On average we recommend a course of 4- 6 sessions, 3 – 4 weeks apart.
Does the laser treat pigmented lesions like age spots and freckles?
Pigmented spots on the face, hands and back can be treated by the Frasel.
What should i do between treatments?
Between the sessions, the use of a sunscreen SPF 30 and above is mandatory along with an antioxidant, vitamin A serum and oral antioxidants.
What should i expect post procedure?
- Some redness and swelling is expected in the area for 24 – 48 hours post treatment. In very sensitive skins, the redness can last up to 3 days
- Use a hyaluronic acid aftercare product to hydrate the skin. This will help in the wound keeling process.
- Avoid perfume, body lotions, after-shave & make-up on the treated area for 24 hrs.
- Avoid heat treatments such as hot baths or showers, saunas, steam rooms and Jacuzzi for 72 hours.
- Avoid cardiovascular exercise and swimming for 24 hrs.
- Avoid facial and body treatments until the skin has returned to normal