- 1 Lipodissolve Injection
- 1.1 What is Lipodissolve
- 1.2 What are the benefits of Lipodissolve over surgical techniques such as liposuction for body shaping?
- 1.3 How does Lipodissolve reduce fat?
- 1.4 How does Lipodissolve promote spot reduction?
- 1.5 What happens to the reduced fat?
- 1.6 When will I see the results?
- 1.7 How many sessions will I need?
- 1.8 How much weight can I lose?
- 1.9 Will the results last?
- 1.10 Are the treatments painful?
- 1.11 Are there any side effects?
- 1.12 When will I be able to return to work / my daily schedule?
- 1.13 Are there any restrictions?
- 1.14 What is the post care advice?
- 1.15 What is the technique used?
- 1.16 Pre treatments advice:
What is Lipodissolve
This is the melting away of superfluous fat by means of an injection. During the procedure, Phosphatidylcholine (PPC) is directly injected into undesired fat deposits.
What are the benefits of Lipodissolve over surgical techniques such as liposuction for body shaping?
Lipodissolve is significantly different than liposuction. For one, Lipodissolve is not a surgical procedure and general anesthesia is not needed. This is a simple, outpatient procedure, with minimal / no recovery time. Other than the obvious differences in performing the procedure, the results are also significantly different. While Liposuction removes fat cells, Lipodissolve removes the fat from within the fat cell and the fat dissolved wiLaser hair reductionth Lipodissolve is flushed from the body. With liposuction even though the fat is reduced, the cellulite is not treated, whereas with Lipodissolve the fat is reduced along with the cellulite. This contributes to the natural appearance that Lipodissolve results in. If one gains weight after Lipodissolve, the fat will simply return to the treated area, unlike liposuction, where fat can migrate to places where there were no problems before. Also in Lipodissolve, the sagging skin is tightened along with fat reduction.
How does Lipodissolve reduce fat?
Lipodissolve uses a specific formulation created by our Kosmoderma dermatologist to reduce your fat & cellulite. The solution contains lecithin won from Soya bean which increases the action of the enzyme lipase that breaks down the fat in the body.
How does Lipodissolve promote spot reduction?
The customized formulation prevents cells from storing fat and helps break down existing fat cells. This targets spot reduction in double chins, abdomen, love handles, saddle bags, thighs, buttocks, upper arms…
What happens to the reduced fat?
The reduced fat is taken to liver by the lymphatics and broken down. The fat is excreted in the normal excretion pathway.
When will I see the results?
The results depend on your body type and the condition being treated. On average, patients notice an improvement in 2 sessions. In some cases results are seen after the first session itself.
How many sessions will I need?
The treatment is customized to each patient depending on their body type. Depending on the amount of solution injected we recommend spacing the treatments 4 – 8 weeks apart. It takes between 3 – 5 sessions to achieve the full results. Over 80% of patients are satisfied with the results after 3 – 4 treatments.
The effects are progressive and more noticeable results are achieved as the treatments go on. In some cases, depending on your body, we may suggest that you combine this procedure with Mesotherapy for better results.
How much weight can I lose?
With this method you will lose centimeters / inches as opposed to weight. At consultation the treatment area is measured. The centimeter loss depends on your body type and tone.
These results are expected after 2 months post treatment.*
Abdomen: 6 – 7 cms on average, upto 18 cms*
Thighs: 4 – 6 cms on average for each thigh, upto 12 cms*
Arms: 2.5 – 4 cms on average for each arm, upto 7 cms*
Double chin: 3 – 4 cms on average, upto 5 cms*
Love Handles: 4 – 6 cms on average, upto 12 cms*
Will the results last?
The results do last, especially when combined with exercise and proper nutrition. However the natural ageing process cannot be stopped, hence maintenance treatments are recommended. In follow up studies, patients have been able to keep the fat off for over 7 years.*
Are the treatments painful?
You will feel a slight pinch or burning sensation when the injection is administered. But the injection itself is not very deep and hence is barely felt.
Are there any side effects?
Immediately after the treatment, swelling, redness, bruising, sensitivity to pressure and itch may occur. This usually subsides within 24 – 48 hrs.* Further side effects have not been reported.
When will I be able to return to work / my daily schedule?
The procedure itself takes less than 30 minutes. You can return to work after the procedure and resume your normal daily schedule. We do recommend that you take it easy for 8 – 12 hrs after the procedure.
Are there any restrictions?
Patients with the following conditions are not suitable for Lipodissolve:
- Those with Insulin Dependent Diabetes
- History of Stroke, or recent Heart Attack
- History of Deep Venous Thrombosis or Blood Clots
- Patients with current bronchial infections
- History of Cancer / Liver diseases
- Cardiac Arrthymias
What is the post care advice?
- Eat a high protein meal before the treatment
- Do not take a shower / bath for at least 8 hrs after the treatment
- No swimming / steam / sauna / massage for 48 hrs post treatment
- Avoid caffeine, carbonated drinks, alcohol for 24 hrs post treatment
- Drink plenty of water (2 -3 ltrs/day)
- Try to follow a low carb meal plan in your first week
- Try to avoid eating after 7 PM 3 nights a week
What is the technique used?
The procedure is performed using a very thin needle, typically 4 to 6 mm- about the size of a small mosquito. The medication is injected just underneath the skin into the fatty layer of the skin. The procedure has been described as “mildly uncomfortable” by many patients.
Typically the procedure involves performing multiple small pricks to treat the entire targeted area. Topical creams/ solution may be applied by the physician to numb the skin.
After the procedure, a massage is performed over the area to help circulate the medicine, as well as to generate a soothing effect for the patient. As the solution is absorbed by your fat cells, you will feel a mild burning sensation that fades away after a few minutes.
Pre treatments advice:
- Avoid caffeine & alcohol on the treatment day
- Wear loose fitting clothes