- 1 PRP Treatment for Hair in Bangalore and Chennai
- 2 What is PRP/Platelet Rich Plasma?
- 3 How does it work?
- 4 The PRP Procedure
- 5 Are there any side effects of PRP Procedure?
- 6 How many sessions would be required for PRP Treatment to be effective?
- 7 When do the results for PRP start showing?
- 8 Are there any Risks involved in PRP?
PRP Treatment for Hair in Bangalore and Chennai
What is PRP/Platelet Rich Plasma?
PRP or Platelet Rich Plasma is a regenerative procedure in which growth factors, derived from the own body are injected into the concerned area for treating hair fall, allergies, muscular issues or wherever similar surgical interventions are required.
The Plasma in PRP is actually a component of the blood that contains special factors which help in clotting and cell growth.
How does it work?
The PRP treatment is used for hair fall cases where the hair fall is attributed to nutritional deficiency, hormonal or genetics. Due to either of the aforementioned factors, the hair follicles start dying out thus reducing the hair regrowth.
As mentioned, the proteins in the plasma facilitate cell growth and hence rejuvenate these hair follicles thus improving their capability for hair regrowth.
The PRP Procedure
The following points state what happens in a PRP procedure:
- The dermatologist draws a sample of the blood. The amount of the sample taken depends on the size of the area where PRP is to be injected. The amount taken is usually around 10 ml.
- The blood sample is then centrifuged in a centrifugal machine in order to separate it into its constituents. This step takes around 15 minutes for completion.
- The separated plasma is then taken into a syringe and injected into the affected area.
- Often imaging services such as Ultrasound are used to see the exact nerve where the plasma is to be injected lest there should be a wrong injection leading to damage
Are there any side effects of PRP Procedure?
There might be slight swelling, pain, and redness for initial 5-6 days but it gradually subsides. There are no other side effects reported till date.
How many sessions would be required for PRP Treatment to be effective?
This is very subjective to the patient in question because everyone has different needs. However, 5-6 sessions over a period of 12-18 months are enough for long-lasting results.
When do the results for PRP start showing?
The results are significantly visible only in the long term because PRP treatment is about improving the nutritional situation of the cells. However, it would be safe to state that 4-6 weeks after the treatment, one can see lesser hair fall and growth of new hair at the treated spot.
Are there any Risks involved in PRP?
As long as the procedure is guided well-using imaging processes and the doctor is experienced, there are no risks involved in the procedure.
However, an untrained practitioner might inject the plasma into the wrong nerves which may cause serious rupture and damage.