50 benefits of Coconut oil for your Skin, Hair & Health | Kosmoderma
Coconut oil is one of the most useful oils in the world.
For centuries, it has been known as a part of beauty regime and for home cleaning as well. With more research, it has been discovered that coconut oil can actually help people become healthier. Here are the top 50 uses of this wonder oil:
For Your Hair
- Coconut oil can be used as a hair conditioner without the need to pay for expensive treatment or product.
- Remove frizz and flyaways with just a bit of coconut oil into your hair.
- Massage coconut oil into your scalp to help you in getting rid of dandruff.
- For those with lice, use coconut oil, which is a good remedy for these parasites. Rinse your hair with apple cider vinegar
first then apply the coconut oil once the hair dries.
For Your Skin
- Brighten up your skin by combining coconut oil with baking soda. This solution can exfoliate your skin.
- Mix with brown sugar or salt and a drop of your favorite essential oil. You can use this solution as a body scrub.
- Soak in a tub with coconut oil to have moisturized skin.
- Since it moisturizes your skin, you don’t have to buy moisturizer anymore. It also dries quickly, but still gives you baby-smooth
- As a moisturizer, you don’t have to worry about your skin when you shave. In fact, you can use coconut oil whenever you
get a close shave and this will not result to drying up your skin.
- Sunburns are nasty, but coconut oil has refreshing properties that soothe sunburns while reducing peeling.
- If you have eczema flare-ups, you can try coconut oil to quiet them down. Coconut oil not only moisturizes skin, but also
has anti-inflammatory properties to relieve you from itch and skin irritation.
- Coconut oil also prevents chafing. If you already have an affected area, you can rub coconut oil to it with calendula to
feel better. For babies with diaper rash, add coconut oil to their diaper cream.
- Massage your skin with this oil to feel more relaxed. You can also add a drop of essential oil.
- Remove light cuts and scratches with coconut oil, which can work as a barrier to keep the harmful bacteria and dust away
from the wounds.
- Relieve the itching you get after getting bitten by a bug with coconut oil.
- If you have bruises, apply coconut oil to the area to reduce the swelling.
For Your Face
- You can use coconut oil as a face mask by mixing it with honey. Leave the mask for at least 15 minutes before rinsing with
- Smooth coconut oil into your dry, chapped lips and they will instantly be hydrated.
- If there’s just a bit of lipstick left and you can’t find the same tint yet, just melt the remaining product using coconut
- You can use coconut oil as a makeup remover. It is effective and does not harm your skin. Just rub into your face and wipe
with a warm cloth. This can even help remove your stubborn dark eye makeup.
- Keep your makeup brushes clean and bacteria-free. Wash them at least once a week with coconut oil mixed with antibacterial
- Coconut oil also helps in removing acne. Add this oil to your skin care routine, particularly at night where you cleanse
your face and then apply the oil before going to bed.
- Coconut oil is your cheapest method for combating the signs of aging. This oil can help minimize your face lines and wrinkles
and it is safe to use around the eyes.
- If your eyelashes are thinning out or you simply want to enhance them, apply coconut oil to your lashes before you go to
For Other Beauty Purposes
- Brush your teeth with baking soda and coconut oil in place of your regular toothbrush to whiten your teeth.
- If you have a retainer or a mouth guard, use coconut oil to clean these dental accessories.
- Remove body odor by applying coconut oil to your armpits. Its lauric acid kills bacteria that give you stinky sweat.
- If your feet are cracked, dry, and don’t smell good, use coconut oil as this can exfoliate your feet and get rid of the
odor through its antibacterial properties. You can also add a drop of tea tree oil when applying coconut oil to your
- After waxing and you find there is still stubborn wax left on your legs, use coconut oil to get rid of the excess wax.
- Treat dry, crumbly cuticles with coconut oil by rubbing the oil into your nails.
For Your Health
- Oil pulling with coconut oil can be good for your mouth. Plus, it can improve your overall well-being when done regularly.
- Have a healthier immune system by using coconut oil regularly into your diet.
- Sore throats no longer have to be a problem when you swallow coconut oil. You can also add this to your tea if consuming
coconut oil does not appeal to you.
- Coconut oil can be used as a lubricant, but remember it can weaken latex condoms.
- You can use coconut oil as part of your aromatherapy. Massage it to your temples to get rid of stress.
- If you have cold sores, rub coconut oil around your lips, which can be very beneficial since it has some antiviral properties.
- Many people claim that coconut oil has helped them deal with yeast infection. Whether you want to apply it topically or
ingest it, make sure you talk to your doctor first.
- Your high cholesterol levels don’t make you feel good. Consume some coconut oil to increase your HDL cholesterol levels,
which can lead to a healthier heart.
- If you have some stomach problems, you can use coconut oil to relieve you from the symptoms. Coconut oil is also believed
to prevent ulcers.
- For those who are not feeling well with their flu, use coconut oil to decongest. You can also add the oil to your vapor
rub or to tea tree oil and rosemary oil.
- Never be bitten by insects again. Use coconut oil whenever you are out of the house or even when you are inside to protect
yourself against bug bites.
- If you have an ear infection, coconut oil can be applied behind your ear.
- You can also clean your ears using coconut oil to get rid of earwax.
- If you often suffer from nosebleeds, you can use coconut oil to stop this from happening again. Nosebleeds are generally
caused by dry, inflamed nostrils. Apply coconut oil with your finger into the inside of your nose to prevent nosebleeds.
- For women who are having trouble breastfeeding, they can use coconut oil to relieve cracked nipples and get rid of pain
when they feed their baby.
- For those who want to lose weight, coconut oil actually helps in boosting metabolism through the fats in it called medium
chain saturated fats.
- Coconut oil can help you fight obesity as it has fewer calories, so consume it daily for best results.
- You can have healthier bones with the help of coconut oil because it can boost your body’s absorption of magnesium and
- Coconut oil can also reduce the risk of getting Alzheimer’s. This oil comes with ketones, which are considered the foods
for the brain. Using coconut oil can keep your brain functioning and can help boost your memory.
Kosmoderma Skin, Hair & Lasers Clinics are dedicated to medical excellence in the field of Cosmetic Dermatology with international accreditation and facilities.
We offer scientifically proven treatments using US FDA approved technology. All our products have undergone extensive research and trials in USA, Europe and India. We pride ourselves in offering safe, effective and affordable treatments with high standards of quality. Kosmoderma gives personalized consults with skin care and uses facial analyzer and 3D imaging of the skin to analyze and personalize the treatments and skin regimen.