Electrolysis is the method of removing individual hair from the face or the body. It involves inserting a very fine probe into the hair follicle in order to destroy the growth centre of the hair with either of chemical or heat energy. Post this, the hair is removed with the help of tweezers.
Electrolysis is most commonly done for eyebrows, face, abdomen, thighs and breasts.
Selecting the right Electrologist Considering the nature of the procedure, it is very important that you do enough prior research about the dermatologist or Electrologist i.e. the person who will perform the procedure. This is because any wrongly executed procedure will result unnecessary discomfort, pain and sometimes even scars.
You can also do primary research about the procedure specially. Ask your practitioner if they do needle electrolysis- the only permanent hair removal solution. If they tell you that they will be using electronic tweezers or photoepilators for the same, be cautioned as that is not a permanent procedure.
Permanent Hair Removal
- Is electrolysis very painful?
- Required number of sessions
- Does it hurt?
- Will electrolysis work for me?
- Science behind the electrolysis
- Are all electrolysis hair removal system same?
- How long will electrolysis session take?
- Does it have any side effect?
- What will be the after care?
- How many sessions are needed to achieve hair removal?
- Are there any possibilities of infection?
- What to do when there is noticeable hair in between the sessions?
- Is electrolysis expensive?
- Hair density of the area being treated
- Hair Growth rate
- Size of the area being treated
- Skin Sensitivity
Very minimal. As each individual has a different tolerance level, one may feel the heat and it may sting when the current is applied.
It ranges from 15minutes to an hour depending on the area and quantity of hair