All About HIFU - The Best Skin Tightening Bliss for People Above 40 | Kosmoderma
Our skin changes with age, losing its firmness and elasticity as a result of these diverse changes. For those over forty, keeping their skin looking young becomes essential. A new non-invasive cosmetic method called High-Intensity Focused Ultrasound (HIFU) is making waves in the field of skin tightening and rejuvenation. We will examine the nuances of HIFU in this post, as well as the reasons it has grown to be the go-to option for many people looking for a non-surgical way to treat the symptoms of ageing.
What Is HIFU?
HIFU, or high-intensity focused ultrasound, is a state-of-the-art technique that uses ultrasonic energy to promote the formation of collagen deep beneath the skin. HIFU is a non-invasive technique that tightens and lifts the skin by using concentrated ultrasonic waves to target particular layers, in contrast to standard facelift treatments that need incisions and recovery time. This procedure sets off the body’s natural healing reaction, which increases the creation of collagen and visibly improves the tightness of the skin.
HIFU is well-known for treating tumours. However, in its aesthetic uses, HIFU is a procedure that is catching up as an enticing alternative to traditional facelifts.
Indications Of HIFU
HIFU is well-known for treating tumours in the human body. In its application in the cosmetology sector, it is a much-preferred procedure for getting rid of signs of ageing. HIFU is used-
- To reduce the appearance of fine lines around the mouth and eyes
- To tighten the skin of the neck
- To lift sagging skin of eyelids
- Smooth the wrinkles on the face
- To smoothen and lift the chest area
People should speak with licenced practitioners to evaluate their candidature and go over reasonable expectations before deciding to undergo HIFU. Not everyone will be a good fit, therefore things like skin laxity, general health, and personal objectives should be taken into account.
The practitioner will identify the regions that need to be treated during the consultation and adjust the HIFU settings appropriately.
The procedure begins with the application of an anaesthetic gel on the targetted area. The doctor then uses a handheld device to emit the ultrasonic waves in short bursts. The session lasts for 30 to 90 minutes. You may experience slight pain and discomfort during and after the procedure.
There is no recovery period as such and you can immediately get back to your routine. The pain and discomfort can be managed by over-the-counter painkillers.
Depending upon the desired results, you may require up to 6 sessions.
Some people may experience changes right away after treatment, but the complete effects take a few weeks to manifest since collagen formation needs time to finish. While everyone’s results last differently, many people benefit from HIFU for up to a year or longer.
Benefits of HIFU
- Non-invasive– Since HIFU is a non-surgical technique, no incisions or anaesthesia are required. This considerably lowers the hazards connected to conventional facelift procedures.
- Collagen Formation Stimulation– For skin to remain firm and supple, collagen is necessary. The stimulation of new collagen formation by HIFU results in a progressive improvement in the texture and tone of the skin.
- No Downtime– HIFU requires little recovery time in contrast to surgical procedures. After the procedure, most patients can return to their regular activities quickly.
- Natural Results– Collagen creation happens gradually after HIFU is completed, so the results look natural rather than “pulled” or “overdone,” as is sometimes the case with surgical facelifts.
- Versatility– HIFU is a flexible treatment for a range of ageing issues, including loose skin on the neck, nasolabial folds, and sagging jowls. It can be applied to different parts of the face and neck.
When it comes to non-invasive skin tightening for people over 40, High-Intensity Focused Ultrasound (HIFU) is revolutionising the field. Because of its non-invasive nature, short recovery period, and capacity to promote collagen formation, it has become a popular option for people seeking to renew their skin without resorting to intrusive procedures. HIFU is at the forefront of cutting-edge cosmetic treatments as technology develops, offering a secure and reliable substitute for those looking for the ultimate in skin tightening delight.