Body Odour Prevention: The Gharelu Nuskhe
If one has to enlist the social embarrassments one's body can cause, body odour will probably top the line. The reason- no matter how clean and well groomed you are, if you have body odour, you will be assumed to be a not very hygienic person.
The fault isn't theirs actually. The fact that some people's sweat glands are more active than others or their hormonal tendencies result in their body having a pungent odour is not known to many. It also might sound surprising that all of us have some or the other kind of body odour, it is just the pungent displeasing ones that get noticed.
So, if you have been facing body odour issues off late, it is time you do something about it. Just sticking to the regular deodorants or perfumes may not be the solution to your concerns.
PS: There are proven medical treatments for body odour prevention and at Kosmoderma, we prefer opting for them only. But, we know that everyone wants to try out few harmless and natural DIYs before opting for a long last treatment and hence here are the top 3 treatments that we have still found effective over time.
Rosemary is a natural antibacterial agent which also contains menthol and zinc. The inherent antibacterial properties inhibit the bacterial growth while menthol helps in neutralising the body odour. The additional zinc content in it which when seeps into the skin may reduce the body odour in the first place as zinc deficiency has been known to cause body odour in several individuals.
Following are the ways in which Rosemary can be utilised for body odour treatment:
- Add one and half cup of dried rosemary leaves to four cups of hot water. Leave the water-leaves mix stand still for 10-15 minutes. Soak up the leaves well and then use cotton to pat this solution onto your skin (special attention to the odour points). Alternatively, you can also mix this solution in your bathing water and soak up your body in this for 15 to 20 minutes. Once done, pat your skin dry.
- Another way is to prepare a natural deodorant by mixing about 8 ml rosemary essential oil in 22 ml of water and using it as and when required.
The herb is known to reduce sweat gland activity and is an antibacterial agent which reduces bacterial growth and hence inhibits body odour. It can be used to effect in the following ways.
- For internal systemic cleansing, soak one tbsp of dried sage in a cup of hot water for about 10 minutes. Strain the leaves and drink. This drink should not be taken more than twice daily
- Mix about 2 ml each of sage essential oil, coriander essential oil, lavender essential oil and about 40 ml of distilled witch hazel. Mix them well and use the resultant solution as a deodorant daily.
Note: Pregnant ladies or Nursing mothers should not use sage
Apple Cider Vinegar
In addition to being an antibacterial agent, apple cider vinegar helps in maintaining the natural body pH too. The usage can be done in the following ways:
- Gently apply apple cider vinegar on your underarms for about 2-3 minutes and then wash it off with cold water. Repeat this process twice daily- once in morning and second before going to bed at night. Ideally, the improvement in your situation should be visible within 20-25 days.
- Make a concoction of apple cider vinegar and honey in warm water. Drink this mix before your meals i.e. thrice a day. This will internally cleanse your system thus reducing the body odour issues.
Hope these would help.
Do write your feedbacks to us on [email protected]
Kosmoderma Skin, Hair & Lasers Clinics are dedicated to medical excellence in the field of Cosmetic Dermatology with international accreditation and facilities.
We offer scientifically proven treatments using US FDA approved technology. All our products have undergone extensive research and trials in USA, Europe and India. We pride ourselves in offering safe, effective and affordable treatments with high standards of quality. Kosmoderma gives personalized consults with skin care and uses facial analyzer and 3D imaging of the skin to analyze and personalize the treatments and skin regimen.