Does profuse sweating affect your confidence at work and in relationships?
Sweating at the gym feels great. Sweating on a date or at the office? Not so much. Ever been embarrassed due to sweat marks on your shirts or blouses or salwars? Does fear of a handshake, make you avoid social situations?
You are not alone. Approximately 20 – 30% of the population have problems with body odour and excessive sweating. Sometimes heavy sweating is a sign of a medical condition. It’s not always easy for the average person to know the difference, so it is important to seek medical help.
People with excessive sweating wish they could just turn the tap off. It might not be as easy as that, but there are effective treatments available. At Kosmoderma, a solution* is now available with the ‘KosmoSweat Free Treatment’. One session can give you relief of up to 90% for as long as 6 – 8 months. This treatment program has been conceptualised by our team of expert dermatol
ogists especially for Indian environments to give relief from body odour and excessive sweating.
Here are some self-help tips that I always suggest my patients to follow:
• Avoid known triggers that make your sweating worse, such as hot & spicy foods or alcohol.
• Use antiperspirant spray (rather than deodorants).
• Avoid tight, restrictive clothing and man-made fibers, such as nylon. Preferably use cotton.
• Wearing white or black clothing can minimize the signs of sweating.
• Wear socks that absorb moisture, for example thick, soft socks made of natural fibers or sports socks designed to absorb moisture. Avoid synthetics, and change your socks at least twice a day.
• Buy shoes that are made of leather, canvas or mesh rather than synthetic material.
Kosmoderma Skin, Hair & Laser Clinics Bangalore | Hyderabad | Chennai
Call us : 7676 757575