What Is The Difference Between Medi Facials and Regular Facials?
Facials are an important method of making your face glow. These are often pampering, relaxing, and de-stress techniques that give you healthy skin. But, did you know that the facials offered at your favorite spa vary from those offered by your dermatologist? These are called “Medi Facials”. With the world changing every day, we see advancements in beauty treatments as well.
Let us help you decode the difference between Medi Facials and regular spa facials.
What Are Medi Facials?
Medi Facials are specific, medical-grade facials that are done by a certified dermatologist using advanced technology, researched protocols, and science-based ingredients. Medi Facials are done using many devices and techniques that include lasers, dermaplaning, peels, and microdermabrasion. These are highly effective as compared to regular facials.
Medi Facials focus on specific skin problems such as
- Sun damage
- Sensitive skin
- Aged skin
Types Of Medi Facials
Medi Facials are considered to be very effective in addressing your skin problems caused due to aging, pollution, and sun damage.
There are different types of Medi Facials such as:
- Clean up- This type of facial is ideal for oily, acne-prone skin, and skin with whiteheads and blackheads.
- Hydrating facial- This type is ideal for mature, dull, dry, and dehydrated skin.
- Illuminating facial- This type of facial works best for dull and dry skin.
- Oxy facial- This type of facial helps you soothe, heal, and nourish your skin. Your dermatologist uses various serums for this facial.
- Hydra facial- It is ideal for dull and dry skin, which makes your skin clean and fresh.
- Pollogen facial- This type of facial is ideal for any age, which uses low-level laser stimulation and exfoliation methods.
- Laser facial- This type of facial is ideal for pigmented skin for toning and bleaching the skin.
What Are Regular Spa Facials?
These are salon facials that are designed to give you a more soothing and pampering experience. These facials simply target the superficial (top) layer of the skin, and the results are temporary. The products used are all chemical-based products, and there is no guarantee that these are of good quality. However, they do provide a temporary glow to the skin.
How Are Medi Facials Different From Regular Spa Facials?
Medi Facials have become a trend these days due to the advanced technology used and their increased effectiveness in fighting skin problems. Currently, they have been successfully replacing regular spa facials.
The difference between Medi Facials and regular spa facials depends on various factors such as:
- Ingredients used
- Regular spa facials use very harsh chemicals.
- Medi Facials use safe, high-grade science-based ingredients.
- Regular facials are less effective in fighting skin problems such as pigmentation, and age spots.
- Medi Facials are fairly more effective and use advanced technology such as lasers, light devices, and exfoliation technology (water jets, etc).
- Depth of skin invaded
- Regular facials act and remove dead skin superficially through exfoliation.
- Medi Facials act into deeper layers of the skin, which improves the collagen (it is a protein produced in your body, which plays an important role in the structure and function of the skin, bone, and cartilage), and speeds up the cell turnover (it is a biological process of shedding dead skin cells with younger, healthy cells).
- Results after the facial
- Regular facials give only temporary results.
- Medi Facials provide long-lasting results.
Summary of the differences
- Regular facials do more harm than good to your skin.
- It strips off your skin due to the harsh chemicals which damages the skin barrier system.
- The creams used block the skin pores and cause more breakouts.
- There is no specific facial used for specific skin types or skin problems.
Benefits Of Medi Facials
Medi Facials are the most effective procedures to provide a healthy, youthful, glowing skin. There are plenty benefits associated:
- It penetrates into deeper layers of skin.
- It provides long lasting results.
- It uses skin-type specific science-based ingredients
- Medi Facials use advanced technology such as lasers, peels etc. which does not erode the superficial layer of the skin.
- Within 48 to 72 hours, you can get a glowing, healthy skin.
- Within 28 to 48 days, you can get long-term results due to cell regeneration.
- These facials are painless and non-invasive.
- They provide anti-inflammatory and bacterial benefits to the skin.
- Decreases stress and provides relaxation.
- Tightens and moisturizes the skin.
- Effectively reduces aging signs.
- There is no downtime ( time required for healing after any procedure) required.
- There are not many side effects apart from the usual redness (which is mild).
Who should opt for Medi Facials?
Any woman can opt for a Medi Facial, since it targets specific problems of the skin. Your dermatologist will take into account your medical history, your lifestyle, current condition of your dermal layer, and your skin goals for the future.
How Often Can You Opt For Medi Facials?
This depends on the results you achieve after a session. Your dermatologist will determine the number of sessions required depending on your skin type as well. 4 to 6 weeks is the ideal period between two sessions in many cases.
Treatments That Fall Under Medi Facial
- Mesotherapy- It is a process that injects vitamins into the dermal layer (middle layer) of the skin using a microneedle. This helps in facial rejuvenation and skin brightening.
- Chemical peels- This process uses mild peeling agents which brighten the dermal layer. It is ideal for women who want to achieve flawless and glowing skin.
- Microdermabrasion- It uses high-definition machines to exfoliate the skin. The machine/ tool uses diamond tips to remove the superficial layer of the skin.
- Microneedling- This process uses a dermapen or derma roller to apply a platelet-rich serum to the face.
- LED therapy– This process is used for women with early signs of aging. It uses blue and red LED therapy to enhance the benefits of the procedure.
A healthy, youthful, and glowing skin is every woman’s desire. If you are dealing with an irritating skin condition, or want a younger-looking skin, then you need to have a Medi Facial.
Contact our expert team of dermatologists at Kosmoderma, and book your appointment for rejuvenating skin treatment.