Tear Trough Treatment- Under-eye Care For A Radiant Look
The tear trough, commonly known as the under-eye area, is the place where the lower eyelids meet the upper cheeks. This region is one of the most delicate and sensitive areas in the face. As we age, this area starts getting affected first. It shows signs of wrinkles, fine lines, hollowness, and fatigue, giving you a tired look. The condition is commonly referred to as ‘dark circles’. Tear trough treatment aims to rejuvenate the under-eye area by addressing all the related concerns. Read along to delve deeper into the world of tear trough treatment, its benefits, potential side effects, and how it can help you achieve a young, radiant look.
What Is Tear Trough?
The tear trough is a groove that runs from the inner corner of the eye downwards towards the cheeks. It contours the lower eyelid and forms the line of separation between the lower eyelid and the upper margins of your cheeks. It is an essential part of the facial anatomy. The appearance of the tear trough is influenced by several factors that including genetics, age, and lifestyle choices.
Commonly known as ‘dark circles’, the tear trough area is a source of major concern. All the issues seen on the face first manifest themselves on the tear trough area. Be it fine lines, wrinkles, hollowness, fatigue, or puffiness, your under-eye area reveals everything to the world.
What is Tear Trough Treatment?
Tear trough treatment primarily involves using fillers to restore volume and add radiance to the under-eye area. Dermal fillers are the most preferred ones as they give immediate results, and the downtime is also minimal. Dermal fillers used in tear truth treatment are made of hyaluronic acid (HA). This is a substance that is found naturally in the body. Hyaluronic acid is responsible for maintaining skin hydration and volume. When injected into the tear trough, hyaluronic acid eases out the hollowness, smoothens fine lines and wrinkles, and reduces the tired look. This gives your face a youthful glow.
Who Is An Ideal Candidate For Tear Trough Treatment?
Tear trough treatment is aimed to address your under-eye concerns. Make sure you consult a certified dermatologist before you opt to get any cosmetic procedure done. You may be an ideal candidate for tear trough filler treatment if you-
- Have healthy, thick skin
- Have mild to moderate sagging in the under-eye area
- Are physically healthy
- Understand that the treatment is not permanent
- Have realistic expectations
Alternatively, you may not be the right candidate if you-
- Have thin skin
- Have excess skin beneath the eyes
- Have deep tear troughs
- Have fat deposition in the under-eye region
- Have an active skin infection under your eyes
- Have a medical condition that may be a potential risk to the procedure
How Does Tear Trough Treatment Work?
Before the procedure is done, you will have to have a detailed consultation with a dermatologist. Make sure you choose to consult with a certified dermatologist who has a good amount of experience doing this procedure. Your under-eye region will be assessed and your concerns and issues will be discussed.
On the day of the procedure, your under-eye area will be cleansed and a topical numbing cream will be applied to make the experience comfortable. Using a fine needle and cannula, the doctor will inject the fillers into the pre-decided precise locations along the tear trough. This is an act of skill and precision. Once the filler is completely injected, the doctor will gently massage the area so that the filler gets distributed evenly. You may experience mild swelling and bruising after the procedure. This subsides within a few days.
Benefits Of Tear Trough Treatment
The tear trough treatment is a quick procedure that gives immediate results.
- Non-surgical- This procedure does not involve making large incisions and cuts. There is no blood involved, either.
- Minimal downtime- You can get back to your daily routine immediately after the procedure. The swelling and bruising subside within a few days and pose no major hindrance to your routine.
- Long-lasting results- Tear trough treatment gives results that last for six months to a year. Depending on the type of filler used, you may need to repeat the procedure sooner or later.
- Quick Procedure- The entire procedure is done within an hour. This makes it convenient for people with packed schedules to squeeze in an appointment for the procedure.
- Natural-looking results- The results of tear trough treatment are gradual and subtle, making you look naturally younger, glowing, and radiant.
Tear trough treatment is an effective solution for addressing under-eye concerns like hollowness and fine lines. The use of dermal fillers helps restore the volume and hydration to the sensitive skin under the eyes. This gives a fresh, radiant, and youthful look. The procedure is a quick one and has minimal downtime. This, combined with the natural-looking results, makes tear trough filler treatment a favourite among doctors as well as clients.
As with any cosmetic procedure, this one, too, has some potential side-effects. Talk to our experts at Kosmoderma Skin, Hair And Body Clinic to understand more about how this procedure may work for you. Walk into our clinic to get your natural beauty enhanced.