The Top 3 Pigmentation DIY Treatments! | Kosmoderma
3 tried and tested DIYs for Pigmentation
We at Kosmoderma usually avoid telling the DIY treatments because we know how limited their effects are but then, when it comes to maintenance once the treatments have been undertaken, their effectiveness and soothing properties are undeniable.
The reason is simple, when your skin is good already, the care should be natural and chemicals should be avoided as much as possible.
So, listed below are the 3 tried and tested effective DIYs for helping you ease out your pigmentation issues.
Remember playing with orange peels, pinching them in each other’s eyes as a kid because of the burning sensation that that pinch left. The liquid that caused the slightly burning sensation in eyes is citric acid, a mild acid known for its bleaching properties.
To make adequate use of this naturally available citric acid, here is what needs to be done:
- Dry up the chemical peels and when adequately done, crush them into fine powder.
- Add one tablespoon each of milk and honey and squeeze one whole lime into it.
- Mix the ingredients into a paste and apply the same on to the affected areas.
- Keep the paste on for 20 minutes and then wash it with cold water.
- Follow this procedure on alternate days for better results
Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple Cider Vinegar has been gaining prominence in the beauty circles because of its skin lightening and astringent properties which not only helps in restoring the natural colour but also tones up the skin. Here is how to put it to use:
- Application: Mix equal amounts of apple cider vinegar with water and apply the liquid solution on the affected areas. Leave it to dry for about 15 minutes and then rinse off with cold water. Repeat the procedure twice daily, before going to sleep in the evening and the first thing to do after you wake up in the morning
- Intake: Add two teaspoons of apple cider vinegar to slightly warm water and mix one teaspoon of honey and a few drops of lemon. Drink this solution twice a day- in morning and at night.
Vitamin E is a rich source of antioxidants which help fight the free radicals which cause melanin deposition and hence hyperpigmentation. Almonds being the rich source of Vitamin E provide enough antioxidants to boost the skin’s immunity against the free radicals.
You can either make a paste by crushing almonds to a powder (the procedure is listed below) or you can eat them and enjoy the additional benefits of a glowing skin and improved hair quality.
Here is how to use almonds for topical application:
- Soak five almonds in water overnight (about 8-9 hours)
- Remove the almond peels the next morning and grind the almonds into a fine powder
- Add milk to this powder along with one tablespoon of honey and juice of one lemon.
- Mix the ingredients into a fine paste and apply on the affected areas
- Leave it to dry and then wash it off with cold water.
- Repeat the procedure twice in a week for better results.
Hoping that these treatments work for you too!
Have a glowing happy skin!
Kosmoderma Skin, Hair & Lasers Clinics are dedicated to medical excellence in the field of Cosmetic Dermatology with international accreditation and facilities.
We offer scientifically proven treatments using US FDA approved technology. All our products have undergone extensive research and trials in USA, Europe and India. We pride ourselves in offering safe, effective and affordable treatments with high standards of quality. Kosmoderma gives personalized consults with skin care and uses facial analyzer and 3D imaging of the skin to analyze and personalize the treatments and skin regimen.