Why is Permanent Makeup in Demand - How to do That Like a Pro?
Makeup helps you feel good about yourself. It makes you more confident and covers up your imperfections too! Everyone, especially celebrities, wants to look their best all the time. In today’s busy world, putting on makeup daily is tedious. This is why most women opt for permanent makeup rather than investing time in daily makeup. You must be wondering about how permanent makeup is done and if it is the right option for me. We at Kosmoderma have got you covered. Read on to understand what our experts suggest.
What is a Permanent Makeup?
Permanent makeup is a misnomer- permanent makeup is not permanent makeup- also known as a cosmetic tattoo, micro pigmentation or intradermal pigmentation is a technique in which natural pigments are applied into the deeper layers (dermis) of the skin to create the look of the makeup. A pen is used, which contains iron oxide – this tattoos your skin to create a permanent makeup look. With a permanent makeup procedure, you can get permanent eyeliner or lipstick that stays forever. Permanent makeup is not a new thing- according to New York Times, the permanent makeup technique has been around since the 1980s when it was first used to treat alopecia (hair loss)
Why Should You Get Permanent makeup Done?
Anyone can get permanent makeup done, but people with medical conditions that limit their activities can opt for it. For eg: people with cataracts, arthritis, Parkinson’s disease, after breast surgery or hair loss that has occurred after illness, etc. Permanent makeup can be considered in the below scenarios:
- If you find it a hassle to apply makeup every morning and are looking for a permanent solution
- If you are unhappy with the shape of your eyebrows, eyelashes and lips and want to hide it under the makeup.
- If you want always to look prepped up (during exercising, swimming, jogging, travelling, etc.)
- If you have a skin allergy that does not allow you to use artificial products.
- You have oily skin, which makes it difficult to apply makeup.
- If you habitually reapply makeup many times a day and are tired of it.
- If you have any scar or vitiligo, you want to hide under the makeup permanently.
What are The Risks of Getting a Permanent Makeup?
As it is similar to a tattoo procedure, the risk of infection is the main concern, especially if unsterilised needles are used. Other risks include
Keloid scars- This can occur if your body reacts to ink particles (treating them as foreign substances) and causes inflammation of the tissue, resulting in scar formation.
Allergy to dye- Some people ae allergic to the dyes used in permanent makeup. This leads to hypersensitivity reactions (when your body does not recognise the foreign antigens and causes a reaction) like redness, itching, formation of red spots/ bumps on the body, etc. At times can be fatal if it causes tongue swelling that leads to the blocking of the airways, causing respiratory failure. To prevent this, it is always advisable to do a skin test with the dye behind the ear, near the elbow, etc., to assess the dye’s safety.
Bleeding from the injected site
Swelling due to infection causes fluid accumulation in the tissues
Loss of eyelashes or eye injury due to improper technique during the procedure.
What Are The Benefits Of Permanent Makeup?
There are many advantages to getting Permanent makeup:
- You save a lot of time – No hassle of spending hours every day putting makeup on and redoing it throughout the day.
- You save money on cosmetic products- Permanent makeup is a one-time investment, and you do not have to buy cosmetics now and then, saving a lot of money.
- You look beautiful throughout the day- At any given time=, you are ready to get a picture clicked (during swimming, exercising, jogging, cooking, etc.). You do not have to go and powder yourself up.
- You can hide your scars and blemishes – After permanent makeup, all your scars and pigmentation will be hidden . If you have a skin allergy from makeup products, you will be saved from it, look beautiful, and have picture-perfect skin.
- It increases your self confidence- After getting a permanent makeup, you start looking fresh and ready at any time. This boosts your self -confidence and esteem.
Permanent Makeup has its pros and cons. To choose wisely before opting for it, consult with our experts at Kosmoderma.