Dark Circles often tend to age the appearance of a person more than the wrinkles or gray hair. The skin around the eye is very delicate. Various factors ranging from allergies to mental stress can easily affect this part of the skin to produce DarkCircles.
Why do we get Under Eye Dark circles?
Dark circles develop due to the pigmentation of skin in the orbital area. Many people believe that only ageing is the cause of dark circles. But they are also caused due to other reasons such as:
Allergies: Dark circles under the eyes can be the result of allergies to airborne substances, such as pollen, dust, and pet dander, because of persistent eye rubbing .
Medications: Certain medications and also liver and kidney problems could cause dark circles under the eyes. Anemia: Iron deficiency, Anemia may cause a bluish tinge below the eyes.
Malnourishment: Lack of a balanced diet is a common cause of dark circles. A healthy and nutritious diet rich in Vitamins A, C, K, E and nutrients can help to get rid of dark circles.
Exposure to sun: Too much exposure to sun weakens the thin skin around the eye area causing dark circles. Heredity: Dark circles under the eyes run in families. They tend to be more noticeable in people with fair skin or deep-set eyes.
Fluid retention which causes puffiness that may cast shadows: The blood vessels under the eyes can become dilated and engorged, which can contribute to dark circles. Excess dietary salt and smoking are common causes. Conditions that cause fluid retention (e.g. Heart, thyroid, kidney, liver diseases) or medications that cause blood vessel dilation may be a factor.
Ageing: The skin under the eyes is thin and delicate to begin with. As we age, the skin and the fat pad under the eyes becomes thinner, causing blood vessels to become noticeable. This thins and relaxes the skin around the eyes and gives the appearance of dark circles. Sun damage can make it worse because it weakens the skin.
Lack of sleep: A lack of sleep can make skin appear more pale, which allows blood vessels to be more visible through the skin, giving the appearance of bluish or dark circles.
Dehydration: Dark circles under the eyes can be a sign of dehydration. Be sure to drink enough water.
Treatments @ Kosmoderma Clinics
Although Dark Circles are very common among people, the good news is that they are temporary and not a medical concern unless they are hereditary. At Kosmoderma, we have developed specific procedures to treat Dark Circles successfully. Following procedures in different combinations are recommended:
- Use of eye cream containing Vitamin K (“BriteEyes” eye cream from Kosmocare) lightens the pigment and helps rehydrate the skin.
- Eye peel with Arginine / Retinol / TCA helps rejuvinate , depigment, hydrate, and exfoliate the skin without compromising on PH .
- Eye mask containing Vitamin E and seaweed extracts helps to drain lymph and acts as an antiageing agent.
- Use of skin lightening agents in the eye area reduces pigmentation without increasing sensitivity
- Injection of Hyaluronic Acid in the sunken socket areas helps replace the lost fat and recontour sunken sockets. It helpes reduce friction between the bone and skin thereby reducing pigmentation.
- Injection of PRP (Platelet Rich Plasma) containing growth factors to rejuvenate the skin . These growth factors also help in lymph drainage
- Oral Iron supplement corrects anemia induced pigmentation.
- KOSMODERMA treats Under Eye Dark circles with RevLite Laser too. The treatment is given in combination of peels, lasers and fillers, if required. Unlike Laser Skin Resurfacing this Laser Treatment does not remove any skin so there is no recovery time & is very safe & effective. It helps break the pigment into smaller particles and is taken out by bodies normal mechanism. It also helps in textural correction.
- Fractional radio frequency helps take care of skin tightening aroud the eyes for better skin texture and produces new collagen. It thereby helps dark circle caused by friction and photoageing
Regular eye treatments at Kosmoderma can certainly postpone the problems for many years and soften the seriousness of it when it does happen. We use high end products and give gentle but professional massage around the delicate area of your eyes followed by contouring & brightening mask to ensure results.
Another solution that people usually ignore is home care for eyes. It is essential that one takes adequate measures to take care of the delicate area around the eyes. Have sufficient amount of sleep. After all along with your body; eyes do require proper rest too. Have a healthy nutritious diet; drink plenty of water and fluids to drain out the toxins in your body.
And last but not the least use an under eye cream /serum that really works. Keeping the history of all our patients in mind, Kosmoderma has developed an excellent eye cream for dark circles & puffiness that will give long lasting* results and the anti ageing ingredients in it will help delay the ageing process around the eye area. It also firms up the skin to soften the lines & makes it look young, healthy & bright.