HAIR TRANSPLANTATION IN BANGALORE
If everyday is the day for pondering over the extra hair on your comb and the prominently receding hairline, congratulations for making the right decision and landing on the page of probably the best hair transplant clinics in Bangalore.
Now, before proving why our claim is right, let us just take you through some information which you need to have before taking the decision about a Hair Transplant surgery.
- What is Hair Transplant?
- Knowing the Techniques
- The Side Effects
- Procedures offered at Kosmoderma
Hair transplant is a surgical technique which is used to move the hair follicles from one part of the body (usually called donor site) to another part of the body called the recipient site. Usually done to cover up the bald patches on the head, some other utilities of hair transplantation include hiding the scars on face and nearby areas caused due to accidents or surgeries and, restoration of the eyebrows, eyelashes, beard hair, chest hair and pubic hair.
FUT involves removing a 6 to 10 inch skin strip from the back of the head (harvesting
hair follicles from the donor area), dividing it into grafts of either individual hair or
a group of hair. The number of grafts usually depends on the intensity of the volume of the
In FUE however, the surgeon shaves the back of the head and removes (harvests) the follicles one by one. The procedure of planting the graft is same after this for both the techniques.
Regardless of the harvesting technique (technique for removal of the hair follicles from the donor area) being used for hair transplantation, what matters most is the proper extraction of the hair follicles. Since the hair follicles grow at an angle to the surface, therefore the transplanted tissue must also be removed corresponding to that angle. It is because of this reason that getting the hair transplant done by an expert is of paramount importance for the success of the process.
Though FUE is comparatively expensive and time consuming as compared to FUT yet it is preferred because first, unlike FUT, no stitch mark is left on the scalp as no skin is removed per se. Also, the results obtained are more natural and the postoperative recovery is usually faster.
There is however another new and advanced technique for hair implantation called Direct Hair Transplant. The advantage that this technique has over the other two is that it does not require reception incision or making holes on the receptor surface. With the help of a patented DHI implanter tool, the hair follicles are directly implanted at the receptor site.
The sittings and sitting duration for either of the three techniques depends on the extent of baldness or hair thinning on the affected area.
Though hair transplantation has no major side effects, yet there are a few ways in which our body reacts to the transplant.
- Temporary thinning of permanent hair: within 2 to 3 weeks of the transplant, the transplanted hair will fall out. But this is completely natural and the re-growth starts immediately. Almost 60% of them grow back within the next 6 to 9 months
- Pain: Pain is usually minimal and most patients do not require any medication. However, for the few who experience any kind of pain, regular medications are sufficient.
- Itching: The scalp is tender after the transplant and some amount of itch is common but it usually lasts for not more than a week. Shampooing regularly can help contain it.
- Mild swelling: There is rarely any swelling but some patients complain of mild swelling for the initial 1 or 2 days which subsides on its own.
- Cysts: Though not more than 2 or 3 mm in size, some patients experience cyst development due to transplantation of several grafts at a single location. The cysts also like all other symptoms subside on their own within a few weeks only.
Kosmoderma offers both FUT and FUE. In some cases where hair density on the scalp is very low or the person has had several transplants before or has developed alopecia (spot baldness), Body Hair Transplant (BHT) is also done.
Facial Hair Transplant is the hair transplant procedure done for facial areas where hair are thinning. It is mainly done to hide scars or increase the beard hair growth.