Uneven Skin Tone / Pigmentation
You may not have deep frown lines or crow's feet, but if you feel like you're ageing, chances are it is because of uneven skin tone.
Pigmentation may occur due to the result of repeated and unprotected sun exposure. UVA stimulates your pigment cells called Melanocytes to manufacture the pigment called Melanin. This is responsible for your tan and also your unwanted dark patches called Melasma. These sun spots may take up to 10-20 years to develop, so if you notice some showing now it could have been caused when you were a child.
It can also be caused by a genetic predisposition, hormonal imbalance, pregnancy or contraceptive intake and post inflammation due to acne & pimples.
- The application of a quality sunscreen or a total sunblock before sun exposure is highly recommended and can significantly reduce the appearance of those annoying spots.
- If the pigment spots are already present, several options are available to you. For example, 5 to 10 microdermabrasion treatments using chemical peel is a very effective way to reduce the appearance of pigment spots. Glycolic and Lactic Acids are mild peels that require around 8 - 12 sessions to lighten the pigments. Deep peels are used for deeper pigmentation of the skin and requires 4 - 6 sessions.* These peels are to be performed under supervision of dermatologists. The Deep peels can be performed by dermatologists only.
- Also Revlite is the latest laser that has been FDA approved for treating pigmentation. Revlite has revolutionized the treatment of pigmentation in Indian skin.
- Prevent future pigmentation and sun damage by wearing a UVA and UVB shielding sunscreen, feeding your face with antioxidants that works like an internal sunscreen like Kosmoglow(primarily fruits and veggies) and avoiding prolonged periods of sun exposure.
- If you have Melasma, it is a lifetime condition in most cases. The initial treatment reduces the pigmentation. After this is achieved, it is a lifetime maintenance schedule with sunscreen, anti - oxidant, lightening agent and maintained with Revlite once in 3 - 6 months.
Whether you choose one or the other method listed above, the most important thing is to consult your dermatologist.
Kosmoderma Skin, Hair & Lasers Clinics are dedicated to medical excellence in the field of Cosmetic Dermatology with international accreditation and facilities.
We offer scientifically proven treatments using US FDA approved technology. All our products have undergone extensive research and trials in USA, Europe and India. We pride ourselves in offering safe, effective and affordable treatments with high standards of quality. Kosmoderma gives personalized consults with skin care and uses facial analyzer and 3D imaging of the skin to analyze and personalize the treatments and skin regimen.